Saturday, March 8, 2014

Indie polishes - Scofflaw David Bowie's Bulge

Sometimes the name of a nail polish can make it just that more awesome.  For me, that name is from the Scofflaw polish called David Bowie's Bulge.  Inspired by the Aladdin Sane album cover, this polish is one of a kind.  I am a huge fan of crelly glitter polishes and this baby is no exception.  Described as a rich, deep coral polish with subtle shimmer. It's accented with matte and holographic teal glitters of various sizes and also features small dark red glitters and a bronze microglitter." it really has a lot going on.  I love the complexity of this polish.

I have so many untried polishes and David Bowie's Bulge was on that list.  I decided I wanted to do something special when I wore it.  I purchased some nail plates recently and have not used them either so it was a perfect fit.  I used the Special Edition plate from My Online Shop to create my own stamping decals.  I plan on doing a post about that soon.

The Little Mermaid stamping decals
I used my favorite creme polish, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, for the remaining three fingers.  For each decal I used a very tiny dotting tool to paint on the polish.  I used 100% nail polish for all the decals.  For Flounder I used mostly Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes.  His fins are a combination of Blue-Away and Blue-ming Fast.  His tongue as well as Sebastians are Fuschia Flare also from the Insta-Dri line.  For his body I used my go to yellow in Lightening.  His eyes are Milani White on the Spot.   For Ariel I used Sinful Colors in Poudre for her skin and first layered Sinful Colors in Citrine for her hair.  I thought it was a bit too orange and since Citrine was almost jelly like I layered Sinful Colors Laced Up on top.  (err actually underneath).  For Sebastian I used Laced Up on most of his body with his face in Essie Mamba and his shell in OPI Painted Desert Cinnamon.  I topped everything off with a coat of KB Shimmer Clearly On Top because it's my favorite top coat in the history of ever.

Macro of Scofflaw David Bowie's Bulge

No comments:

Post a Comment