Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag - May 2014

It never ceases to amaze me at how many talented indie polish makers there are out there.  As a fan of them, I get to choose between some of the most phenomenal polishes on the planet.  It makes it a bit hard though with so many to pick from, deciding on brands to patronize can be an overwhelming experience.  I keep a notebook specifically for polishes.  When I come across something I like, I jot it down.  One brand that I had noticed was on there several times was Rainbow Honey.  I had it in the back of my mind as one I wanted to try for quite some time but never ordered from them.  Recently I signed up for an Ipsy subscription and while on the wait list I saw in the April 2014 bag there was a Rainbow Honey polish.  I was so jealous I missed out on it but I did get the Ipsy code giving me a 25% discount.  I decided at the time to try the mystery bag of the month.  It is for sale for $10 or free with any purchase over $65. Starting in May, Rainbow Honey decided to offer a monthly subscription. 

The price is still the $10.00 + shipping.  It was billed on the 30th of April and I got my shipping notice late Sunday evening.  My bag showed up on Tuesday the 6th.  I was pleased with the speed in which the package came.  Immediately upon opening the bubble mailer I could smell the goodies inside.  This month's package included a perfume and soap in the scent Summer Juice, a lip balm in Enter Lime, and then an envelope containing 5 mini orange sticks and 2 sponge cosmetic applicators.  I realized I didn't have a decent photo of them so I will snap one tomorrow and update the blog.

Everything is sealed tight and packed so perfectly.
The polishes are nothing short of pure summer happiness in a bag.  I was so impressed by the selection of shades and I loved every single one of them.



First up I have Waves.  This is going to be part of the upcoming summer collection.  It's described as glass-flecked shimmer sparkles in turquoise and gold.  It's stunning.  I love how this one looks on.  It's gorgeous.  My photos look a bit more blue than it actually is.


Next is a fantastic summer glitter called Neon Blossom. It contains hot pink heart glitters and yellow flower glitters.  It's my first ever flower glitter.  It's also got some small neon green square glitter and some white glitter throughout.  I adore this.  I have layered it here over Sally Hansen Insta-Dri shades In a Splash, Pink Blink, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Chartreuse Chase. I did have to fish a bit for some of the glitters.  Shown without top coat.


I saved my favorite for last.  It's no secret I love a good crelly glitter polish and this is no exception.  From what the card inside the bag says this is going to be part of a "collection of confections".  I can't wait.  Here is Petit Four.  This is 2 coats with one coat of KB Shimmer Clearly On Top.  I think next time I will do 3 thin coats instead.  I can't say enough about how much I love this.  It's a yellow with pink and aqua glitters. (actually looking at the macro shot below there is way more going on there than I first realized!) It's so perfect for summer.

And of course here is a macro shot of all three of these amazing polishes together.


Here is my video review which shows a bit more of the other items as well.   Subscriptions are available and will start with June 2014 (or the next avail month depending on when you find this) and the May bag is available for single purchase in the month of May 2014.  There is a full size bag also available for $25.00.



No comments:

Post a Comment