Saturday, May 31, 2014

Indie Polishes - Laquerlicious Bling-A-Ling

Sometimes a girl just wants to sparkle and today I have a polish so amazing it's deserves it's own post.  It's been no secret who my favorite glitter indie polish brand is and that is Laquerlicious.  This shade is glitter on X.  Described as a clear base with a crazy mix of silver, black, magenta, and teal hologram glitter in hex, square, circle and triangle shapes.  And let's not forget the pink stars!   I would describe it as a mermaid disco ball explosion in polish form.  It's beyond beautiful.  I love the color choices here as teal and pink are two of my favorite colors and the possibilities for combinations you can use this with are endless.  This is Laquerlicious Bling-A-Ling.


I chose two distinctly different manicures when I wore this.  I have many more in mind and will be wearing this as my go to when I want to bling out my nails.  For the first way I chose to layer Bling-A-Ling over a dark base but I didn't want to use pure black.  Since there are black shapes also in the mix I did not want to loose them entirely.  I chose to use two coats of Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam which is a darkened teal polish.  I then used two coats of Bling-A-Ling using the dab method to make sure I got good coverage.  I sealed it all up with one coat of Seche Vite.

Close up in indirect lighting.
Macro of middle finger
A few days later I was dying to use it again and I decided to do something completely different and made it into a jelly sandwich using Essie Marshmallow.  I started out with two coats of Marshmallow then one coat of Bling-A-Ling then another coat of Marshmallow.  I topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite.  It reminded me of a teal cookies & cream. 

And of course I had to try it matte using Essie Matte About You.


I highly recommend this glitter topper.  It's so much fun and unique.  The color combinations is perfect.  You can find it here or by visiting www.laquerlicious.com

2 comments:

  1. I love all the triangle glitters that seem to be popping up lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I bought a dress for an upcoming wedding just because it had hot pink triangles so I could wear this polish!

    ReplyDelete