Monday, February 24, 2014

Pretty in purple nails

I have been dying to try some tone on tone nail art lately after seeing some amazing designs online.  I thought this would be the perfect way for me to use two of my recent acquisitions.  I chose to use Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces, Zoya Carter and Polish TBH Alice After Eight.  My original intent was to do some stamping on my accent finger but that didn't turn out so I scrapped that entirely and grabbed Alice After Eight instead.

Cosmic Forces, Alice After Eight & Zoya Carter

Pointer and middle are Cosmic Forces, ring is Alice After Eight, pinkie and thumb are Zoya Carter
I love the way this turned out.  Alice After Eight is a thermal holographic polish that changes from a pink in it's warm state to purple in the cold state.  This polish has a great formula.  Shown in two coats no top coat.  Carter is shown in three coats.  Of course there is no top coat on that one.  Cosmic Forces is three coats as well and one coat of KB Shimmer Clearly On Top.  I may use it over another polish in the future but I wanted to see the depth of the polish on it's own.  I had no issues fishing for the larger glitters.  I actually purposely took any large glitters off the brush the first two coats anyway because I wanted them on top.  I set the bottle upside down maybe five minutes before the last coat and was able to get them on the brush with no difficulty at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment