Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2013 - Day 1: Red Nails

When I think of red nails I think of two things.  I think sophistication and I think rockabilly 1950's.  I am neither of those things.  I have only wore a few red manicures in recent years and mostly upon request from the other half because he happens to find red nails to be sexy.

What I had in my head and what I finished are not the same.  I ended up choosing a simple matte finish polish called Get It On by Sinful Colors from the Leather Luxe collection.  These polishes are awesome.  I picked up 4 of them and want to get the rest.  The formula on this one was bit tricky because it did not want to level out.  I then just did a simple stamp with China Glaze Ruby Pumps using Mash plate 48 for the flames.  It looked way different under different lighting and I found that to be a fun and unexpected "feature" of this manicure.  I preferred it with the darker shade of red and more of the obvious flame showing but it's still pretty both ways.  I was warned this polish stains but it didn't really stain for me which was a plus.  I wasn't over the moon with this design but I didn't hate it either.  I spent way too much time figuring out what to do.








I would like to revisit the idea of red nail art in the near future.  I didn't give it as much love as I should have.


No comments:

Post a Comment