Monday, August 19, 2013

Welcome to Miss Kitty Nails!

Welcome to the very first post for Miss Kitty Nails.  I wanted to start this blog so that I can share my love of nail polish and nail art with the world.   I have been collecting nail polish since the mid 1990's.  I kept it under control due to space limitations until purchasing a home in 2011.  After finally setting up my dream room I began to go all out in early 2013.  

 For me, there are two parts to my polish obsession.  First is the chase.  I love stalking my local beauty supply and discount stores in search of the ultimate deal.   In my recent hauls I have found some ridiculous deals getting Nicole by OPI polishes for example for $1.00!  I try not to purchase polish at full retail prices. If I do, I usually shop around to get the best deals.  I enjoy the collecting and swatching aspects so much that I would rather spend $18.00 on 15 polishes than one bottle of a higher end brand.  That's just how I like to do things.  I plan on sharing those deals as part of this blog so other people can see what you can get if you don't mind waiting a bit.  This is not to say I don't splurge once in awhile like the case of Alcatraz...Rocks in the OPI San Francisco line.  I gladly paid the $9.00 to get this now.  I fully intend on purchasing a back up bottle and will wait until I find a sale for that one if possible.

The second part is the collection.  I currently have 560 polishes swatched out on color wheels and a full storage drawer full of oldies I haven't gotten around to adding to my list.  That does include mini's and small bottles as well.  I am a hoarder by nature and tend to not get rid of anything.  My favorite part of the day is coming home after shopping for polish and lining up my new purchases and adding them to the current collection.  I will be reviewing and posting pictures of some of my existing collection as well as anything I purchase new from now on. 

I encourage comments and conversations as well.  I am a blog rookie and want to know how I am doing and any feedback is appreciated.  I am in awe of some of the blogs I see and I aspire to be in that company.  In my polish research when I am at stores I definitely look at what others have reviewed and used it to help make my decisions. 

I thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment